The weather is going on a frenzy these days. Winter is not as cold as you expect it to be and summers in North Sydney are way hotter, causing a big surge in your electricity bills. Sometimes your electric appliances, like your air conditioning unit for instance, even get damaged because of too much work just to keep your home cooler or warmer. When this happens, calling on experts in air conditioning North Sydney has today to help fix the problem.
Other than keeping your home cooler or warmer, you also need to think of ways you can lower your bills so you can enjoy your hard earned money better. Below are creative ways you can lower your energy bills without compromising basic comforts and conveniences.
1. Use window blinds to your advantage. You can try opening your windows at night to let cooler air in and close the curtains and blinds during the day to keep sunlight from warming up the inside of your home. You can also try using insulated black out curtains. They do a good job when it comes to keeping the sun from overly heating your home.
2. Take advantage of the wind chill factor. You can use a portable fan to cool your face or feet. If you use a ceiling fan, make sure to turn it off when leaving the room.
3. Cook Efficiently. Use your stove as little as possible. Cooking with your oven can turn your entire home into an oven because it generates too much heat. Try cooking with your toaster and microwave if possible. Visit at Balmoral Air Conditioning Services
4. Keep Air Vents Clear. Inspect all the vents in your home to check if no furniture or drapery is blocking them. You can also use vent deflectors to redirect the air flow around obstructions.
5. Clean or Change AC filters Monthly. To keep your air conditioning unit in tip top shape, it is recommended to clean or change the filters at least once a month. Experts in air conditioning North Sydney wide will also recommend this step. If your AC can breathe better, it can effectively keep your home cooler. If you prefer room air conditioning North Sydney shops offer, make sure to keep any appliance that could potentially generate heat away from the unit. The extra heat from a computer, television or lamps may interfere with the air conditioner’s thermostat.
6. Seal Your Home. Make sure that all doors and windows are sealed properly so that cold air from your air conditioner will not seep out into the neighborhood, throwing those savings away. Check if your attic is not poorly insulated and look out for any cracks. Any North Sydney Air Conditioning expert can also help you check your home’s insulation to ensure that your AC will function efficiently.
7. Replace Your Model. If you feel that your air conditioner is already worn out and is no longer efficient, consider replacing it with the top of the line model. Visit various shops that offer air conditioning in North Sydney so you can compare prices and get a better deal. Your trusted air conditioning technician can also recommend a brand that is energy efficient and has the energy star rating.
The above are just a few cool ways you can beat the summer heat while keeping your bills lower. If you are a newcomer in your neighborhood, you can ask around for a trusted technician that offers the best air conditioning North Sydney wide to solve your air conditioner problems as well make periodic maintenance on your HVAC units. For more information, visit at: http://www.balmoralair.com.au/